Kim School District RE 88 – Kim, Colorado
Open Position: 6-12 Agriculture Teacher
The Kim School District is seeking a highly qualified secondary agriculture teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This is an extended year contract. The community is highly supportive of education, and Agriculture Education is truly a priority for the community. This is an excellent opportunity for a new teacher or veteran teacher alike. We have small class sizes with enthusiastic high achieving students, along with resources and facilities to provide for outstanding outcomes.
The Kim School District is on a four-day school week. The parents, students, and staff are dedicated to the academic success of all students. Excellence in academic achievement is an expectation within school and with parents as well. We offer a variety of extracurricular activities, including FFA, FBLA, competitive sports, travel, and community service projects. The community is incredibly supportive of our schools, having passed a bond to build a new PK-12 school, completed in December 2015.
The town of Kim is a small rural community, located in Southeastern Colorado, 76 miles east of Trinidad and 60 miles south of La Junta. Kim is a ranching community. Kim is geographically isolated, and this aspect can be challenging; however, rural living and its rewards of peace and quiet, closeness to nature, and good people, make it all worthwhile.
· Must hold a Colorado Teacher License in Agriculture or eligible for Colorado licensure.
· Passionate about and dedicated to Agriculture Education and Leadership.
The teacher will teach agriculture science and technology education classes, with a focus on animal science, plant science, animal production and management, and will also teach basic welding and fabrication, and woods in the context of agriculture.
· The teacher will develop lesson plans and teaching materials for all classes.
· The teacher will conduct field trips both in and out of the school district.
· The teacher will coordinate and maintain inventories and records of agriculture materials and equipment for the classroom and laboratory.
Supervised Agricultural Experience Program (SAEP)
· The teacher will advise and evaluate students regarding Supervised Agricultural Experience Programs. · The teacher will assist students with the planning and maintenance of SAEPs.
· The teacher will conduct site visits of SAEP’s as recommended by the State Department of Education.
· The teacher will assist students in keeping SAEP records at the local and state level.
· The teacher must Champion the FFA Chapter and will assist students in coordinating FFA activities at the local, district, state, and national levels.
· The teacher will prepare and train FFA students in agriculture contest teams and entries.
· The teacher will assist students in preparing applications for proficiency awards and degrees.
· The teacher will assist students in the public relations program for the local FFA Chapter.
· Plan and attend evening activities including award ceremonies, and other events related to the agriculture program.
· Be willing to obtain license endorsements for student transportation.
· Contribute to the preparation and tracking of the budget the agriculture program each year.
· Purchase supplies and equipment for the classroom and laboratory.
· Cooperate in maintaining, planning, improving the physical facilities.
· Complete and file required reports with appropriate agencies including the State Department of Education.
· Contribute to the grant writing process for acquisition of agriculture, materials, and facilities.
· Salary: Commensurate upon education and experience.
· Group Health Coverage
· District Housing available
· Opportunities for additional compensation:
o Class Advisor
o Student Activity Transportation
o Student Transportation – Route Driver
o Possible Coaching
Submit: Letter of application, copy of Colorado License or evidence of timely eligibility thereof, copies of college transcripts, and a minimum of three letters of recommendation to:
Attn: Dr. Paul E. Blanford, Superintendent
Kim School District RE 88
PO Box 100, 425 State Street
Kim Colorado, 81049